Saturday, August 21, 2010

I’m in Love With Gap “City Flats”

Last night after our date night, my husband and I ran over to the mall to get him a pair of boots. We NEVER go shopping together, so it was fun to walk around for a while and look. I thought he might get to see me in action messing with the “Dead Sea” lotion kiosk trolls (inside joke for those that follow me on Twitter). But…no luck. haha

We were walking past Gap and I saw their “City Flats” display near the window. I put on my shopping brakes and went inside. They’re foldable ballet flats, and there’s even a cute little bag in which to store them! How wonderful would these be for travel, or to throw in your purse to change into after a day in heels?

Not only are they super functional, but they are soooo comfortable.  Y’all know I love me some Tory Burch “Revas” and I recently bought a pair of her “Eddie” style flats, but for comfort….the “City Flats” have them beat.

The “City Flats” are not what I’d call dressy, but I could see myself wearing them everyday. This may seem odd to some of you, but another thing I love….no toe “cleavage”. I hate ballet flats that have half your toes showing. There’s very little of your toes showing in these.

image

Here they are with the drawstring bag.

image

unfolded

image

These are really a dark gray, but are showing up black.

I found them to be true-to-size. It looks like there are more colors in the store than online. At the store, there was also navy, metallic gray, and maybe a few other colors. If you’re looking for a great flat for the fall, I highly recommend the City Flats!

***Idea alert***    For those of you getting married, I think these would be great for bridesmaids!  They have ballet pink!!

8 comments:

  1. I have been hearing about these for awhile now. But more comfy than TB Eddies? I've got to get a pair... thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great on you, I am so tempted now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOW I have to make to the mall!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do look very comfy & cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've read some reviews that the shoes don't do well in the rain. your thoughts? other than that, i'm probably going to get a pair in every color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because of you I totally got a pair today, hehe... in the navy. I wanted the grey but they didn't have my size. Maybe if they go on sale Ill get another pair!! They are pretty dern comfy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep hearing good things about these. I think I will use my 40% Wednesday coupon to get a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh they look so comfy! I might have to check them out, I've been wanting to add some more comfy flats to my closet!

    ReplyDelete