So when I found out I was allergic to dairy, yeasts and molds, my first thought was, "For the love of all that's good and pure in this world....no cheese?" I have to admit....and don't tell my allergist....I haven't exactly given up cheese. It doesn't affect me like some of my other food allergies like soy and rice.
I started a bad late night eating habit a few years ago. It's called "Nighttime Triscuits and Cheese". Here are my arguments for why this is a *healthy* snack.....
- I eat the reduced fat version.
- The crackers have fiber, and the cheese has calcium.
- I do stop myself and eat only the suggested serving size on the box, which is 7 crackers.
- Are you buying my reason why I eat these EVERY night? Yeah, I thought so.
If you want to join me for my super-easy, Triscuit treat, here's how you make it--
- Put the crackers on a small plate, then top with 1 slice of Kraft Deli Fresh Sharp Cheddar slices. I break the slice into smaller pieces to look like this. See--I have this down to a science.
- Microwave 10-15 seconds, or until cheese is melted. You don't want to microwave it too long, or the crackers will be tough. This is some good stuff people. YUM!