We love to eat Swiss Almond Chicken Salad on Earth Grains brand "Honey Wheat Berry" bread or open-faced on a bagel. This would be a lovely recipe to serve in butter lettuce cups for a brunch or ladies' luncheon.
As with any "salad" recipe, not all measurements are precise. If you feel like it needs more moisture, add a dollop more of mayo.
Swiss Almond Chicken Salad
*This makes a pretty big batch. We like to eat it for a few days;-)
- (2) whole rotisserie chickens-using the breasts, skin removed & chopped or shredded
- (3) stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup sweet purple grapes, chopped
- 1 slice of mild Swiss cheese, chopped or run through the food processor
- 1/2 cup salted almonds, run through food processor- ( I also like to toast unsalted almonds for a nuttier taste, then just add a tad more salt later)
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup of Mayo
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bread or lettuce for serving
- In a large bowl, add chopped chicken breasts.
- Add celery, green onions, and grapes.
- Lightly blend together.
- Add swiss cheese and almonds.
- Next add mayo.
- With a spoon or plastic spatula, blend all ingredients together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on your choice of bread, bagel, or lettuce cup.