This weekend on Twitter, a friend posted a link to a great Halloween bark candy recipe. It’s a recipe that’s similar to one I made years ago but had forgotten about. I’ve been wanting to make a small gift for my new neighbors and the girls’ teachers. This is the perfect recipe to dress up in cute treat bags.
Halloween Bark Candy
- 14 whole Oreos, broken up (use the orange Halloween Oreos if you can find them)
- 1 1/2 cups mini pretzels, broken into pieces
- 1 lb white chocolate pieces
- 1 cup candy corn
- Brown and orange colored sprinkles
- You could also substitute M&Ms or Reese’s pieces for the candy corn or Oreos.
- Place waxed paper on large cookie sheet.
- Place chocolate in glass measuring cup and heat in microwave for about 1½ minutes.
- Stir and then microwave for about another 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Top with reserved candy corn and colored sprinkles.
- Work quickly before chocolate hardens.
- Place into refrigerator until firm.
- Remove and gently break apart into small pieces for serving.
- Store in airtight container or Ziploc bags.
Gift Bag Directions:
- Place cooled bark in quart size Ziploc bags.
- Put gift shred in the bottom of a Halloween themed lunch bag.
- Place 1 or 2 bag(s) of bark in lunch bag.
- Add in any extra fun stuff. I added some “creepy critters” Silly Bandz.
- Fold top of bag over, making a crease.
- Using a hole punch, punch 2 holes about 2” apart.
- Put ribbon through the holes and tie.
**I found some cute Silly Bandz knock-offs on an end cap at Wal-Mart for $1.00 a package. I opened the package and put them in with the bark, the tied one on each end of curling ribbon. I used the curling ribbon/Silly Bandz combo along with fabric ribbon for a festive touch. Before tying, put a pinch of gift shred in the center of your bow, then tie.
Here’s the finished product.
Close-up of the “Creepy Critters”
This project was fast and super easy. I was done start-to-finish in about 30 minutes.
Enjoy! Now you go do some barkin’!