Smoked Salmon Mini Pizzas
- (1) 6.5 oz. package of pizza crust mix
- flour for dusting work surface
- olive oil for drizzling
- 1/4 cup Mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1.5 tablespoons capers, rinsed, drained, and coarsely chopped and dried on paper towels
- 2 oz. smoked salmon, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped chives
- Place oven rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix pizza dough mix according to package directions. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand 5 minutes or the amount of time stated on package.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out into a 1/4 inch thick round.
- Using a 2 inch round cookie cutter, cut out circles from the pizza dough. You should get approximately 14-15 circles.
- Arrange the circles on a heavy baking sheet.
- Prick the circles all over with the tines of a fork.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Place in oven and bake until golden brown, 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, marscarpone cheese, and capers until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon about 1/2 -1 teaspoon of mascrcapone mixture into the center of each pastry round.
- Top with a piece of salmon and press gently.
- Arrange the pizzas on a platter or wooden pizza paddle.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives just before serving.
These mini pizzas are delish and I love the colors. I made raspberry crepes with Chambord whipped cream and fluffy scrambled eggs with chives to go with these. SO yummy!