“Wow!” is all I can say right now. The past few days have been pretty intense. I never dreamed my last post would stir up some of the same feelings in other ladies. I’ve received tons of supportive emails, facebook messages, tweets, not to mention all the post responses. I haven’t had the chance to answer all of you, but I have to say with a very sincere and full heart—“Thank you.”
I didn’t want to sound ungrateful and whiney or come off as hating the people here. There are so many wonderful people here—I just haven’t found the one I can call a “2 am friend” as Clemson Jenn called it in her similar post. You know…..the friend you can call no matter what time it is.
You see, something in me changed yesterday. It was the first time I’ve put my feelings out there—“really” out there. I feel heard, validated, and understood. It took time for you all to read through the post, process it, and share your thoughts. I appreciate you sharing your ideas and similar experiences. More than anything, thank you for reaching out to me.
I do have friends….
My final thoughts:
- I will have a positive attitude.
- I won’t give up.
- I refuse to be bitter.
- I will show people kindness by being kind.
- I will continue to reach out to people.
- I won’t let my husband and children take the brunt of this temporary unhappiness.
- This is temporary.
- I will work hard not to dwell on my situation.
- I know God has something so perfect for my life, and I won’t hang my head so low that I can’t see it.