Hi everyone! It's been far too long. Life has been busy-a good kind of busy.
I guess you could say I've been sitting back and "marinating". I wish I had the desire and time to blog more.
I really do miss it.
I admire bloggers that stay committed for years and regularly post. Kudos to you.
Cue the cheesy pun....
speaking of marinating, let me introduce you to marinated cheese.
I make this recipe every year around the holidays. It's SO easy and always a big hit at parties. The best part-you make it the night before, then dump in on a platter. No heating or keeping warm before your guests arrive.
(adapted from "Prime Meridian" Cookbook)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 (2 oz) jar diced pimento, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced green onion
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8 oz) block sharp cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 (8 oz) package of cubed Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno pepper (pepper jack)
- Combine all ingredients, except cheeses in a jar or plastic container with a lid.
- Cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- Place cheeses in a large Ziploc bag.
- Pour marinade over cheeses and refrigerate a minimum of 8 hours.
- Serve in a shallow dish with toothpicks and assorted crackers (in a separate dish).