Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy "Pack Away Those White Pants" Day!

I hope everyone is having a restful Labor Day. We're home today, and it's cloudy and yucky outside. What a way to mark the end of summer! Sassypants and Bookworm are still in their pajamas in front of the telly eating cereal out of the box. Am I a great mom or what? For the record, we made breakfast for dinner last night, and they said they were sick of bacon and eggs.

I'm not sure what we'll end up doing today. We had planned on going to St. Louis to the zoo or down to the Lake of the Ozarks to the water park. It's just so blah out, and it's no fun to do either of those activities when it's cloudy and rainy. Maybe board games....


I'd like to tackle my closet today and put away some of my summer clothes, but I really want to enjoy some time with my family. I'm ready to pack away those white linen pants and bust out the fall clothes! Does the old fashion rule, "No white pants or shoes after Labor Day" still apply? I know I still follow it, with the exception of wool winter white pants. Or you could do like Rachel Bilson and say "Screw it!" and combine both. I like her outfit. Would you wear this?


Photo: batchplease.com



4 comments:

  1. Ugh, I'd love to pack up the summer clothes, but alas, it will still be hot until October in Dallas :(

    SO ready for sweaters, jeans, and boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never worn white pants because I am so much larger on bottom my mom says white makes things look bigger that need to look smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pair of winter white pants that I have only wore a couple of times when it is unusually hot outside. Hope you have a great day with the family!! {p.s. Macy eats cereal out of the box all the time!---a little something she picked up from her mama...oops! haha}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep hearing socialites say they wear their white jeans all year round, but not sure I could ever do it--even down here.
    And then just yesterday was shopping at Nordstrom and there was Tory Burch's new line with.....white jeans!

    ReplyDelete