Monday, March 22, 2010

Cage is All the Rage

No, not Nicolas Cage, sillies.

Cage Shoes!

This spring, every shoe designer is featuring some form of gladiator or “cage” shoes and sandals. I LOVE them. Cage shoes add a little “rocker” edge to all the sweet, prissy spring/summer clothes. 

I’ve included some of my favorites. I didn’t include any versions in black, ‘cause quite honestly, I’m over black shoes right now. And, um, ignore some of the price tags. We can all dream, can’t we? 

Faith High Heel Sandal - Sand

L.A.M.B “Faith” heel

Joie "Picasso" Cage Flat Sandals

Joie “Picasso” Cage Flat Sandals

Vera Wang Lavender Label "Sally" High Heel Cage Sandals

Vera Wang Lavender Label "Sally" High Heel Cage Sandals

Aldo “Frans” Gladiator Sandal

Pour la Victoire 'Dierda' Platform Sandal

Pour la Victoire 'Dierda' Platform Sandal-

These are my favorite! I'm loving dove gray shoes for Spring!

*****My one tip for buying cage sandals or shoes.******

Make sure the leather on the straps are not too “twisty”. I bought these BCBGeneration shoes, and I love them! I wore them from December through February with black tights. They’re very comfortable, but on a warm day, I decided to wear them without tights. All the twisted straps made the tops of my feet irritated and look like I had a set of ribs permanently engraved on them. So these will be a fall/winter shoe with tights!

Make sure you look for straps that lie FLAT on the top of your feet. Think sweaty feet and twisted leather during the summer.  So not fun….or cute!

BCBGeneration “Devon” Cage Shoes

6 comments:

  1. Love them all! My favorite is also the dove gray pair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE cage shoes!
    I have such a hard time getting anything strappy to fit though... my feet are extra wide and strappy just doesn't usually work for me. But rest assured, if there is a pair out there that fits I'll find them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, I got some caged shoes in January and they definitely indent my feet (no tights needed in LA), but I love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! I totally agree with you on the Dove gray shoe for Spring. On my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cage shoes, but I feel like only a few people can sport it well. I personally have wide feet so cage shoes just do not work for me.

    I started a blog that I think you might like too. It combines fashion and giving back to charities. Each week, I will give away 1 Lilly Pulitzer dress (this week it’s the Pink Adelson Shift from Spring 2010) to one lucky follower, who raises awareness of the blog's selected charity through various ways such as tweeting about it or commenting with an interesting fact. I am currently also giving away some great Lilly stationary items too. Please check out my blog at www.shop4charity.blogspot.com because doing good is chic!

    ReplyDelete