Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Break

In years’ past, when I thought of Spring Break, I thought of “sun, sand, and lounging by the pool.” When you become a mother, all that changes. As many of you moms know, Spring Break doesn’t mean a “break” for you. It just means lots of preparation to go somewhere and lots of cleaning up to do when you return home.

This year Doc Lancelot is on call, so I decided to take Bookworm and Sassypants to see their grandparents in Mississippi. We’re having a great time and the girls are having a blast playing with their cousins and exploring the outdoors.

Yesterday all the kids played near the grandparents’ pond and searched for tadpoles and minnows. I’ve never heard so much giggling and sheer enjoyment from them. It just goes to show you…..you don’t need a fancy, expensive trip to Disney to have a fun Spring Break.

image

image

image

2 comments:

  1. So fun! We def went to Bruce, Mississippi to visit my grandmother's family several spring breaks when I was little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the girls are really enjoying their break! Hope you are enjoying some good Southern food while you're there!

    ReplyDelete