Monday, May 16, 2011

Bye Dear Friend, Part 2


You may not remember my 
from a while back. 

Well, tomorrow is the day. 
I'm saying it....I'm having a hysterectomy. 
I had to fight back tears 
as I read that old post from October 2009. 
I've put it off for a year and a half, but it's time. 

My feelings from my previous post are still the same, 
if not magnified
I'm not going to lie, I am extremely sad and scared. 
I couldn't sleep last night.
I've cried all day long for a week now. 
It's so easy to say 
"It's just an ORGAN in your body." 
If you're a woman, 
you know your uterus is so much more. 

So anyway, I'll be taking a break to 
take care of myself and my family. 
All the best to you! XOXO




Blessed is she who doesn't show hatefulness over what is lost, 
but instead, shows gratefulness over what is left.

13 comments:

  1. Oh my - I can just imagine that this sucks. All the women in my family end up with hysterectomies b/c of fibroid cysts - and even though they are usually in their 50s when surgery becomes necessary, it always seems like a tough time.

    Hang in there and let your family pamper you! Sending lots of happy thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I will pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for a simple and routine procedure and easy recovery! My OB/GYN in Memphis told me that once you are done with your uterus, it just sits there and waits to grow cancer. Don't think of it as a loss. You have your wonderful babies. Think of it as preemptive avoidance of a potentially fatal disease. Get some much needed rest and take care of yourself. I will be praying for you, Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking and praying for you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear, dear friend, my heart goes out to you in this time. I cannot imagine as a girl with no children what you must be feeling, but the mere thought of giving something of that magnitude up is frightful in itself. You will be in my prayers, and I love the ending Bible verse you chose to use. So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everything is smooth & painless for you, I know this must be hard. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope everything goes okay as I'm sure it will. I know this is painful, but this too shall pass. I've been thinking about you all day. You're in my thoughts, blog mama:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you sweetie! Thoughts and prayers for a smooth surgery & recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are in my thoughts and prayers sweet friend. I wish that I could be there with you and to help your family. I love you so much! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. wishing you the best!!

    {it's kate, from "barefoot in the park," just under my new venture!}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! I was looking for your email, but couldn't find it. Just wanted to let you know you're in my thoughts and prayers! I hope you're surrounded by your loved ones during this time. Be strong, you are a woman!

    ReplyDelete