I’ve been a bad, bad blogger.
The girls are out of school and I must say…any free time I pretended to have, is now gone. We’re having a blast though. I love not having to get up at 6 am & do the morning rush to school.
SUMMER IS HERE!
So here’s what’s been happening this way~~
- Swim lessons, softball, and Taekwondo are keeping me on the road a lot.
- Speaking of swim lessons, I’m so proud of Sassypants. She is so brave and facing her fear of water.
- I vowed to not overbook our family this summer. We’ve had some days when we’ve stayed in our pajamas all day, and I love it!!
- Miss Bookworm is reading, reading, reading.
- I’m still working out with my wonderful trainer. I’m down 6 lbs. and actually enjoy working out now. (Wait, did I just say that?)
- I started volunteering in the 3rd-5th grade children’s service at our church. It’s so rewarding. God gave me a heart to reach out to that little boy or girl that is shy and having a hard time meeting new friends. I remember being an awkward 8 year old with no confidence. I want greatly to help them feel comfortable and welcome. Isn’t that the way church should be???
- My sweet hubby is taking Taekwondo with Bookworm. He had years of classes growing up, but it’s precious to watch him take the Basic class with her.
- I’m in full-on MacGyver cleaning mode. As you can tell by my previous posts, I’m cleaning out closets. The sad part…..there’s 10x more, but I would spend my whole summer photographing and posting everything. I can’t believe how much stuff I’ve kept through the years.
- We’re going on vacation to Hawks’ Cay! Happy dance with a booty pop. I’ve never been to the Keys, and from what I hear, we’re in for a treat. Doc’s brother and his wife will be there for a few days of our trip, which is great because we hardly get to see them anymore:-(
- More than anything, I’m enjoying temperatures above freezing. I don’t think I’ll ever get used to the cold weather here!
How’s your summer going?