Saturday, July 24, 2010

Effortless Chic-Blast From the Past

As I was thumbing through the August issue of “Town and Country” magazine, I saw an interview with Frederic Fekkai’s wife, Shirin von Wulffen. When asked who her style icon was, she said “Francoise Hardy in the the ‘60s and ‘70s, for her ability to make basics look effortlessly sexy.”

I had heard Francoise Hardy’s name before, but don’t think I’d ever seen pics before. Shirin was right….effortlessly chic is right.  And stunning!!

 

image

photo source: Jean Louis Atlan/Sygma/Corbis

This photo was taken in 1969. Seriously, this could be a pic from today!

4 comments:

  1. Oh she is very cool! Thanks for sharing! I had never heard of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Nanny favors her and her style!! She's only 23-but definatley "chic" when it comes to fashion and style! Lucky for my girls!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of her, but the photos could have been taken today! Amazing to have such timeless style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love her simple and timeless style!!

    ReplyDelete