Even though I’m not ready for colder temperatures, I have my eye out for a few fall fashion trends that I’d like to try. One trend I’m seeing in fall/winter runway shows is lots of army green and olive. Check these out:
- Army jackets- Military style jackets have been around for a few seasons, but this fall there will be a lot more jackets that resemble army fatigues. Some will be very casual, with a slight wrinkled look, and others will have structured sleeves and fitted waists. I’m excited about these jackets because quite honestly, I’m never liked the military jackets covered in bright gold buttons.
photo source: celebstyle.com
Here’s Olivia Palermo with a Zara jacket, black cardigan, DVF top, LnA leggings, Tibi belt & over the knee boots. Oh, and her Birkin bag.
- Sweaters- I just ordered this sweater from Forever 21.
- Blouses- Here’s another little gem I ordered from Forever 21.
- Cargo pants- J Brand Houlihan Cargo Skinny Pants took Hollywood by storm in the spring. There’s tons of versions out there and this is a trend that will definitely continue on through to winter.
- Jeans- Lots of brands are featuring olive and muted brown-green in their fall lines.
- Dresses- I am ABSOLUTELY in love with this dress. It’s definitely on my wish list.
- Boots and Shoes- Olive green makes a great color for fall/winter shoes. It reads as a neutral and can coordinate with so many pieces from your wardrobe.
So what’s your take on the color olive? Do you like it or does it make you think of camouflage and 4-wheelers?
I really love it, especially paired and tempered with black. Notice how sleek and modern the outfits feature above are when paired with black.
Now back to the summer heat:-)