I was checking out one of my "besties", Natalie's blog and she got this great idea from Serenity Now about sharing "27 Days of Thankful". Wow! I need this right now, and I need to remember the things that God has blessed me with, instead of focusing on the things I'm worrying about.
Now that we live far away from family, I haven't enjoyed the holidays like I should. It's always hard to figure out Doc Lancelot's schedule (which usually includes only Thanksgiving Day or the day of Christmas). This makes it hard to travel 9-12 hours away and get back to work the next day. Anyone who has traveled with presents, 2 kids, a dog, etc. can say a big ol' "Sigh!" with me. It's challenging to say the least. And it's not fair to ask our families to always travel to see us.
The other dilemma is that I want Santa to come to "our own house"--never mind the logistics of getting him to get all the presents wrapped and delivered to grandma's (AHEM, Cough, Cough).
I miss my family a lot, and sometimes the holidays can be a sad time for me because now it's "me" that's responsible for creating the memories, meals, and traditions for my family. I'm certainly not complaining, but I've had to put on my "big girl" panties sooner than I hoped.
So, instead of saying, "Poor me. I have to do it all.", I'm going to focus on the things I'm thankful for.
Today, the first thing that comes to my mind is my husband.
- He sees things in me that I don't see in myself. He believed in me, when no one else did (including my own self).
- He is so dedicated and loving to me and the girls.
- He knows things about me that no one else knows, and still loves me.
- He has taken care of me many times when I was sick. He's held my hair while I've thrown up, helped me shower after my surgeries, rubbed my back or whatever else hurt. He's seen me at my absolute worst and I can still see the love in his eyes.
- He makes me laugh like no other person can. I knew I loved him when he laughed at one of my twisted jokes.
- He's a great cook, a messy one, but that boy can cook.
- He calls me several times a day from work just to see how I'm doing or to say "I'm thinking of you."
- I could go on and on, but I know this is getting mushy.
I'm so thankful that God put him in my life. It's amazing how we met and then reconnected. Only God could have created and planned the way we met. I'm so, so blessed.
Please share just one thing you're thankful for.