This is such a busy time of year, and we all could probably name a million things that make us "unhappy" and stressed. So making this list is a good way for me to remember the things that make me smile and count my blessings.
Ten Things That Make Me Happy
(With the exception of #1, these are in no particular order of importance)
- Without a doubt, my family makes me happy. I am so blessed to have the husband that I do. Boy, he tolerates a lot with me. I can't imagine being with ANYONE else. My girls are my life! Everyday is a new adventure with them. I love seeing them grow and explore. I especially love to see how much they love each other. The even choose to sleep in the same bed every night. They are such sweet cuddle bugs. Having my mom and my sister and my hubby's sweet family in our lives is wonderful too!!!
- A clean house makes me pretty darn happy. I feel totally unsettled when things are messy and dirty. With children, my house is never "exactly" the way I want it, but them being here is what makes it a "home".
- Talking to girlfriends is more helpful to me than therapy. I talk to my best friend in Chattanooga at least a couple of times a week. I still don't know what we manage to talk about after 20 years, but I always look forward to talking to her. Oh, and let's not forget my blogger/Twitter friends. I never dreamed I would meet lifelong friends by blogging, but I have. I am still in awe of how close we've all become. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!
- Getting pampered is high up on my happiness chart. I love mani/pedis, massages, facials, and gettin' my hur did. I honestly would take a good massage any day over a piece of jewelry or flowers.
- The beach---aww, the beach makes me super, duper happy. No explanation needed, right?
- Being creative not only makes me happy, but really is necessary for my everyday life. Whether it's interior design, flower arranging, entertaining, or photography, I need some sort of outlet.
- Being healthy and feeling well are good indicators of how happy I am. I've had some health problems the last year, and let me tell you....I am not happy, spunky, or fun to be around when I'm feeling bad. If I'm tired and haven't had enough sleep.....I can be downright awful. Sorry, my dear family. Sleep makes me want to frolic in the fields and chase butterflies and rainbows.
- Going to church makes me extremely happy. We've finally found a church where we're growing and meeting new people. Doc Lancelot is singing with the worship ministry, so it makes me happy to see him doing what he loves and serving God in such a great way.
- Eating good meals is like taking a little "happy pill" for me. It can be at a good restaurant or at home. Yummy food, particularly if I don't have to clean up, is the bombdiggity!
- Last, but not least.....blogging makes me happy. Everything about it is great. Coming up with topics to blog about, reading other blogs, and the actual writing process is therapeutic and fulfilling to me. Even if I don't have time to make "one-on-one" connections in real life, I have a way to express myself, vent, and share with others.
So there it is, my "happy" list. Speaking of blogging, here are a JUST a few blogs that I visit daily. Go take a looksy!