Saturday, December 5, 2009

I've Got One Hand in My Pocket

I have to share something with you that I found at the Mart. Wal-Mart that is. It's the 42 Pocket Over-the-Door Organizer. You can find in near the clothes hangers/plastic bin section of the store. I first got one of these for the back of my bathroom door. I love it because: 1) You can't see it because it's behind the door, and 2) The things I use every day are right at my fingertips. The pockets are mesh so it's breathable and they don't stick together like the clear plastic ones.
*Remember to double click picture if you want to see it bigger.
It's not all glamorous and "fru-fru", but it's functional and it saves me from digging in drawers and in my cabinets.

I started getting cold last week, so out came the gloves and mittens.....and the beginning of me trying to keep up with them. I have a coat closet in the back entrance from the garage. It's pretty small though and hard to get things out. I had a couple of bins in there-one for gloves and mittens, one for scarves, and one for hats. It is ALWAYS a mess, and things get so mixed up once the snow starts. On top of the mess, if things are wet, they'll never get dry in the closet.

Tonight I got another over-the-door organizer to hang on the inside of the closet to organize everything. I'm so glad I did! I put Doc Lancelot's stuff at the top, mine in the middle, and the girls' on the bottom rows. Once again, the mesh pockets are super functional. The girls can easily find what they need, and if anything's wet....it can dry right in the pocket.


I can see so many uses for this organizer. You could store crafts, toys, shoes, cleaning supplies, spices, socks/lingerie, etc. You could even put guns and ammo or Velvetta in it. Just kidding. I was seeing if anyone actually reads this.

If you're tight on space, it's a great solution---all for around $15.00. It is a little "dorm roomish", but if it's hung behind a door, no one will see it. Whatcha think?

6 comments:

  1. I think it's genius. Such creative storage. I'm thinking one of these would be kinda handy on back of my laundry room door, and the bedroom closet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! Come to think of it, you have a LOT of great ideas! As a new mom, I really appreciate your organizing tidbits. I also happened upon your post about organizing mail, papers, etc. in that plastic file binder-thing. I've already implemented that and it has helped me a lot!
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Mrs. Fabulous, I have tried every system out there, and have found I usually come up with somethings by accident. I'm glad you have enjoyed the posts, & hopefully, I can share some more ideas soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use on for my husbands ties and belts! I love it!

    ReplyDelete