I think this video is hilarious. Mr. Snoopy Snooperson is going to take a peek inside someone's medicine cabinet. I'd love to pull this prank sometime. Seriously....I really want to do it at the next party or get together I have at my house.
I've had quite a few emails asking me what skincare products I use. I am so flattered by the sweet comments, but I have to tell you...it's like a Monet....my skin isn't that great up close. I have had several severe cases of acne that required Accutane, and still battle with breakouts. I think one blessing of having acne is the fact that I started taking good care of my skin at an early age. I have friends that had great skin in high school. They didn't have to worry about breakouts and having to cover up blemishes. They slept in their makeup, never wore sunscreen, and laid in tanning beds. I can tell a huge difference in their skin now from the years of neglect.
After I turned 30, I became a bit obsessed with skincare. I honestly think I've tried or read about every skincare line out there. If someone mentions a product, there's a good chance I'm familiar with it. By no means am I an expert...my skin still throws me for a loop every few years. I just choose to educate myself about the things I put on my skin.
Here are the products I'm CURRENTLY using. It'll probably change in a year, but I'm liking this combination now.
Here's my morning routine:
- Wash with Cellceuticals Extremely Gentle Skin Cleanser. I use the cleanser with my Clarisonic Pro skin care brush. If you haven't heard of Cellceuticals, it was developed by Dr. Garth Fisher, a world famous, and highly respected plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills. I can make a prediction.....he will perform a "Mommy Makeover" on me one day to repair the damage a 10 lb., 12 oz. baby did to my body. That's another story all together. Cellceutical products are phenomenal and so gentle. This is the one cleanser that doesn't strip my skin or leave it feeling grimy.
- Next I use 4-5 drops of Skinceuticals Phloretin CF antioxidant drops. I wait several minutes before I apply the next step. There's lots of research to prove that topical antioxidants protect and repair skin by rebuilding collagen.
- Some people put their eye cream on last, but I like to let it start doing it's work before I put my makeup on. With my allergies, I have to be careful about what I put around my eyes, so I alternate between these 2 eye creams. I'll be honest, I have NEVER found anything to help with my dark circles. So if you have any suggestions, please share. I use Skinceuticals Eye Cream and Kinerase Intensive Eye Cream if I'm particularly dry.
- I just started using Skinmedica TNS Recovery Complex this week. So far, I'm liking it a lot. If you read the reviews on the link I posted, you'll see that people really saw improvement after using TNS. I remember seeing an article in a beauty magazine about this product a few years back. Jennifer Aniston and several other celebrities said in the article that they use TNS and swore by it. I made a mental note, but was put off by how expensive it was. Fortunately, I got a great deal and got my sneaky little hands on it. After a week, I can see a considerable lightening of the melasma on my forehead. I don't know that I'm going to be using this every day. I may alternate every other day. We'll see....
- Next I use the Cellceuticals Extreme Defense Lotion. I only use a 2-3 squirts of this on my face and neck. It's really light and just feels wonderful.
- Last, I use sunscreen...each and every day on my face, neck and décolletage if it's not covered with my blouse . Even when it's raining and in the winter. ALWAYS! The sunscreen I like that doesn't break me out and feel like I'm all greased up at the pool is Neostrata Daytime Protection Cream SPF 15. I love that it's fragrance free too. I use a higher SPF in the summer, but I like this lighter cream for winter.
This may sound complicated....but it is really quite quick. I have everything out like you see in the picture above. While the antioxidant is soaking in , I brush my teeth or get dressed, so it's not like I'm sitting around waiting. It all takes 5-7 minutes tops.
Tomorrow, I'll show you my nighttime skincare routine. What products do you love? Please share. As you can tell, I'm always willing to try new things so I can stick my toes in the "fountain of youth." Have a great day, and don't go snooping in medicine cabinets!!