Monday, October 19, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

This is my first "official" week of meal planning on my blog. I've done my own version of meal planning, but always fell off the boat. I'm hoping by posting my plans, that I will be more accountable and actually get into the habit every week. You know, like Jenny Craig and Valerie Bertinelli. If you put yourself out there, and say you're going to accomplish something, you gotta do it. BTW, she is looking fabulous! Totally off subject, but I'm sure Eddie Van Halen is kicking himself for letting her go!
*I've decided to not include weekends with Meal Plan Mondays.
Our schedule changes so much, that we usually just wing it.
*If you want any of the recipes I didn't provide links for, let me know and I'll post them.
Monday
Shrimp Salad
from "Come On In"-Jackson, MS Junior League Cookbook. pg.62
Fresh Fruit
****
Tuesday
Fresh Tomato Tart
from "Come On In"-Jackson, MS Junior League Cookbook, pg. 131
*I add 1 clove fresh garlic minced to the pie crust
*I use Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust
Small Green Salad
Fresh Fruit
****
Wednesday
Rice Pilaf
Green Beans
****
Thursday
*I use less soy and leave out lemons after marinating
Green Beans
****
Friday
Leftover Roast and Potatoes
Green Beans

Yay! I'm so excited about doing this! I'm leaving to go out of town on Friday, so I'm happy that I was able to think ahead and have Doc Lancelot and the girls some yummy leftovers while I'm gone.

I tried to also make things that could carry over to the next day. Like for Monday, I'll be chopping a lot of fresh vegetables, so I'll just have extra for the salad on Tuesday. On Wednesday, I'll have green beans...make extra, and we'll have those again with the pot roast on Thursday. You see a pattern here...it doesn't have to be hard. I certainly plan on making 2 meals a week that I can use again the next night.

Once I get a few weekly menus under my belt, I'll be able to reuse them for another week. I'm going to print the menu along with the recipes, staple them together, and put in a file folder. On the sheets, I can write comments or needed changes.

If you want to know more about Menu Plan Mondays, click here. Also, if you want ideas for weekly menus, click here. Scroll down to all the links, and you'll find over 300 menus! Have a great week!

10 comments:

  1. OMG, girl that is exactly how I feel. Nailed it right on the head. I originally started the blog because I knew from the first moment that I was in love with LC. I wanted to keep things written down but am too lazy to keep a journal of things we do; so, I could go back and look on it later on. Same thing with other things in my life. My friend just took it completely out of context. My best friend emailed me and said that she was hurt by hearing about it, but when she actually read my post, that is wasn't offensive at all. I guess I have to learn you can't please everyone:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...can I come over for dinner at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tomato tart from Come On In! It's making me drool just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I feel like I make the same stuff over and over again because I run out of ideas, so this is perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, is that your dog Pudge? And is that his/her name? I've been saying that word since I was a young girl...and I also have 2 pugs! They are pudg pudge pudge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Samma...I love the Come On In cookbook. It has grease spots on the pages I've used it so much.

    Gracie Beth, you are certainly welcome to come have dinner;-)

    Leslie, it was kinda fun to look at recipes on Sunday and figure out what I was going to make. The best part is...I really saved on groceries this week.

    Tickled Pink & Green-yes, that's my Pudge. He's my first pug, and I just love pugs' personality. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta share this one:

    1 pkg. boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 stick butter
    1/2 tub chive and onion cream cheese
    1/2 cup cooking wine
    1 can Golden Mushroom soup
    1 pkg dry Italian dressing mix

    Preheat to 350.
    Melt butter and cream cheese in saucepan.
    Add cooking wine, soup, and dressing mix until well blended.
    Pour over chicken in 13 x 9 baking dish.
    Cook one hour at 350 uncovered.

    Comes out moist and delicious every time and kids love it. Serve with rice or pasta and veggies. Takes 5 minutes, really.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum Stacee, that is going in my recipe list. That sounds delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you've inspired me! I am horrible at meal planning (doesn't help that I'm a full time working mom!) I am going to try next week though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I agree that when you put your ideas out there and share with others you are more compelled to follow through. I saw your get together on My Blonde Reality's blog so I had to visit yours! I look forward to reading! I love good manners also!

    ReplyDelete