Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Laughing Over Spilt Milk

Yesterday was probably one of the busiest days I’ve had in a LONG time. Combine getting the girls back to school after the holiday weekend with multiple appointments, a feeble attempt at the gym, unexpected interview/dinner plans, and Curriculum Night (school function)….and I was crazy as a road lizard. 

I didn’t go to the grocery store over the weekend, and we were out of milk, bread, and the basics. The only free moment I had yesterday was after I picked up the kiddos from school. If you have kids, you know there’s no such thing as “running in and out” of the grocery store.

So anyway, I’m rushing around trying to keep candy out of the cart and make sure I leave with 2 kids instead of 1. By the time I got everyone in the car and unloaded groceries, I was a big ol’ sweaty stress ball.

I start the car and as I’m getting my seatbelt on, I notice a college-age girl parked nose-to-nose with me. She looks like as frazzled and as hurried as me. She sits 2 half gallons of milk on top of her car while she’s fumbling for her keys. As I’m backing up, I look over. Yeah, she’s backing up too. With the milk on top of her car. You see where this is going, right?

I try to wave at her and lightly tap my horn. Nope, she’s on a mission. She changes from reverse to drive, and 1 jug of milk hits the windshield, and the other hits the ground on the driver’s side. Milk splashes up on her windshield and all on the driver’s side window. Milk is EVERYWHERE! The look on her face was priceless.

I’m sorry, but I’m a “laugher”. I laugh when I’m nervous, and especially when someone does something dumb like that…..I’m the only one that’s supposed to do that kind of stuff!

Melanie “Milk Spiller” gets out, assesses the damage, says a few expletives, throws up her hands, says a few more expletives at me because I’m laughing, and drives off. Leaves the bags, ruptured jugs, and a pond of milk. It was quite lovely.

Poor girl. She went in JUST to get milk, and left with the name Melanie “Milk Spiller”.

photo source: Phi1mayer.com

2 comments:

  1. love this post bahaha! thanks for sharing i laughed for the day.

    -sapphiren

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is stinkin hilarious! i'm a laugher too. I always got in trouble in elementary school for laughing when kids fell down, etc. I'm not mean, I just saw the funny side! :)

    ReplyDelete