Sunday, September 12, 2010

Style Spotlight: Kate Lanphear

I  love Kate Lanphear’s edgy and often androgynous style.  The US Elle magazine’s  style director has gained notoriety for her platinum cropped hair and ultra-structured monochromatic clothes.

Here’s few of her outfits. I love how she mixes classic pieces with studded “rocker” jewelry and boots.

image

image

Kate in Stella McCartney wedges

image

Love her swingy, short hair

image

image

Love this zip-away coat on the right!

image

 

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image from - Steal Her Style: Kate Lanphear

Her signature leather studded bracelets

As quoted from elle.com--“That’s the thing about fashion: You can use it to hide, but it’s only magic when you use it to express who you really are."

My style is really Pot Luck. Whatever has just come back from the dry-cleaner.”           Kate Lanphear

I am such a “color” person, so I’m not sure if I could handle such a monochromatic wardrobe. I have to say though, she has a way of mixing staple pieces to make them Euro-chic. Yay or nay on Kate’s style?

1 comment:

  1. She is super cool! She kind of reminds me of an edgy Gwynneth Paltrow! I love her short floppy beautiful shiny hair!!! If I cut my hair like that it would be AWFUL!

    ReplyDelete