Hey, did you hear about the evil tuna? Rumor has it he was rotten to the “albacore”. Knee-slap, snort, hardy, har, har.
- (2) 12 oz. cans of albacore tuna in water, (drained thoroughly)
- 3/4 cup peeled, finely chopped apple *I use red delicious or golden delicious
- 3 boiled eggs, peeled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet yellow onion
- 3/4 – 1cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 4 tablespoons of chopped dill pickle (or sweet relish if you prefer)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Open and thoroughly drain (2) 12 oz. cans of tuna.
- Pour into a medium to large mixing bowl.
- Add chopped apple.
- Remove yolks, and finely chop egg whites. Add to tuna.
- Add chopped onion.
- Add pickle juice (this is my little secret for potato salad too)
- Add chopped pickle.
- Lightly stir tuna and all added ingredients.
- Fold in 3/4 cup mayo. Add another 1/4 cup if you feel it needs more. I almost always use 1 cup and don’t feel like it’s too heavy.
(Tennessee girls know that JFG mayonnaise it the bomb!)
I love it so much that I bribe family members to bring it when the come to visit.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Chill at least an hour.
Serve on a bed of butter lettuce with tomatoes, or make a yummy sandwich. I like to eat tuna salad sandwiches made with Earth Grains “Wheat Berry with Honey” bread. ENJOY!