Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School, Part Deux

Well, today was officially the first day of school, and the first day of kindergarten for Sassypants. It went really well....no crying when I left. Her backpack was so big and kept falling off. Everytime I offered to help her carry it, she kept saying, "No, Mommy. I've got it." It was kind of her way of saying, "I'm going to be okay." {Tears}

Bookworm was so excited to be starting 2nd grade. She just went to her classroom and immediately joined in all the fun. At night before bedtime, I always ask "What was your favorite part of the day?" and "What was your least favorite part of the day?" Tonight, Bookworm's favorite part of the day was "going to school", and her least favorite part was "leaving school". So it's suffice to say that she loves school. I hope that she always has a thirst for knowledge. I truly have the belief that if you enjoy reading and learning, you can do anything in your life.

Hope your school year is starting off well. God Bless.








No comments:

Post a Comment