Sunday, August 23, 2009

First Day of School




Nothing much to report here. I'm actually in mourning today because my youngest, Sassypants starts kindergarten tomorrow. It really makes me sad. If you're a mom, you know what I'm talking about.

I particularly worry because of the whole 'mean girl' issues she will eventually encounter in school. Soooo not ready for that! Mean girls are totally different now than when I was in school. Now they can text, email, blog, or twitter about each other. I just want to protect my daughters as long as possible, but I know I have to let them go out in the world too. I know that all I can do is teach them morals the best way I know how, and more importantly, pray for them.

So if you're reading this, please say a little prayer for my girls, and all children starting school this year.

My prayer is.....
Dear Lord,

I ask that you bless and protect my daughters as they start school this year. Place your hedge of protection around the school and the busy street in front of the school (a big concern of mine).


Please guide and strengthen the students, teachers, principal, school workers, and parents. Let them remain safe and in your care while at school. Show the children what kindness is about and help them to reach their fullest academic potential. Open their ears and minds to learn. Teach them to respect their teachers, school workers, and each other.

If there are children in need, whether it be food, clothing, shelter, or someone to talk to, please help us to recognize and help meet those needs. Even though this is not a Christian school, let your love and grace be known.

I pray these things in Christ's name,
Amen!
Hope you have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful prayer! We start school tomorrow - going to go make some super cute teacher gifts for orientation tonight!

    Can't wait to hear all about the girls first day of school!

    ReplyDelete